Wednesday 15 November. This morning I appeared live on 9am with David and Kim, who were both incensed by my suggestion that we would retain the Ashes, and kept me on air for an extra 6 minutes. I then had an interview back at my hotel with Bob Hart for The Herald Sun. Bob is one of those old-fashioned journalists who doesn't get up each morning looking for something unpleasant to say.
Two radio interviews quickly followed - Radio 774 and ABC News Radio, then three book signings - at Angus & Robertson, Book City and Newslink. One of the shops I'm pleased to say, ran out of copies of Cat O'Nine Tales.
Another dash to the airport for my flight to Adelaide (home of Sir Donald Bradman) , for the Mary Martin Bookshop cocktail party at the Adelaide Club (nearest thing they've got to Brooks or Whites). South Australia is the one state that claims never to have accepted convicts. They seem to have kindly made an exception for me. The room was so packed that it was hard to get to the lectern, but once there, I was greeted with an unusual sight in Australia - all the men in suits and ties. I found myself relaxing during the speech, and thought the questions afterwards were the best I've received after any speech I've made in the last three years. Two of the club committee members took me to dinner, and I was back in my hotel by 11pm.
Two radio interviews quickly followed - Radio 774 and ABC News Radio, then three book signings - at Angus & Robertson, Book City and Newslink. One of the shops I'm pleased to say, ran out of copies of Cat O'Nine Tales.
Another dash to the airport for my flight to Adelaide (home of Sir Donald Bradman) , for the Mary Martin Bookshop cocktail party at the Adelaide Club (nearest thing they've got to Brooks or Whites). South Australia is the one state that claims never to have accepted convicts. They seem to have kindly made an exception for me. The room was so packed that it was hard to get to the lectern, but once there, I was greeted with an unusual sight in Australia - all the men in suits and ties. I found myself relaxing during the speech, and thought the questions afterwards were the best I've received after any speech I've made in the last three years. Two of the club committee members took me to dinner, and I was back in my hotel by 11pm.



1 Comments:
I'm sorry to have discovered your blog only recently, Jeffrey, so this may seem a tad late, but Adelaide is in South Australia! SA was set up as a free settler colony (or something along those lines). Victoria was very much a convict colony.
Sorry to have to correct you on that, but I'm sure you'd appreciate it. Well, I hope you do!
Cheers,
Jesse Ross (Adelaide, South Australia)
Post a Comment
<< Home