On Friday, Mary and I - theatre junkies that we are - went to Stratford-upon-Avon to see Henry VI parts I, II and III all in one day.
Each performance was just over 3 hours, the first one starting at 10.30am, and the last one ending at 10.30pm, with breaks of about an hour and a half between each show. It was an amazing experience - for the actors as well as the audience.
At dinner last night I was asked, why do you think they do it? To which I replied, the Royal Shakespeare Company is the only theatrical company who would even consider tackling it, and it's to their eternal credit that they take on a challenge that no-one else on earth would ever think about. The RSC are only doing all three plays on the same day three times, but if you're as mad as Mary and myself, there is one more opportunity for you to experience this for yourselves. Book now, and go to bed early the night before.
Each performance was just over 3 hours, the first one starting at 10.30am, and the last one ending at 10.30pm, with breaks of about an hour and a half between each show. It was an amazing experience - for the actors as well as the audience.
At dinner last night I was asked, why do you think they do it? To which I replied, the Royal Shakespeare Company is the only theatrical company who would even consider tackling it, and it's to their eternal credit that they take on a challenge that no-one else on earth would ever think about. The RSC are only doing all three plays on the same day three times, but if you're as mad as Mary and myself, there is one more opportunity for you to experience this for yourselves. Book now, and go to bed early the night before.



2 Comments:
You and Mary are not mad! Without people like you to support such ventures as the RSC's Henry VI the cultural life of our proud nation and its fine traditions would be all the poorer. Well done!
Con. Man
Many thanks!
Post a Comment
<< Home