Header
Header
Header
 


22 September 2006

Charity, chariots and chutzpah!

The King's Head was buzzing last night with beautiful young things and luvvies who'd come to help raise money for the theatre. Joanna Lumley, their Patron, was sadly not able to be with us because of filming commitments in the West Country, but Maureen Lipman took over the proceedings - and I mean, took over. She commanded the stage and the audience with great humour and artistic skill. She is, let's face it, an old pro, and whatever the occasion, she delivers. Not easy to follow children or animals, impossible to follow Maureen Lipman.

The auction raised £11,725 towards a new air conditioning unit. The organisers couldn't have asked for more balmy weather to make their point, but despite this, 'a good time was had by all'.

This weekend I'm off to watch my rugby team (Cambridge) play Henley, and tomorrow evening will do another auction, this time for for Transplants in Mind at the Dorchester.

On Sunday, I'm running in the Chariots of Fire Race in Cambridge, in aid of the new helipad for Addenbrooke's Hospital (see earlier post). My team are all over 60 - the ones that are still able to complete 1.7 miles, so I'm confident you'll not be seeing us on the winner's rostrum. Watch this space, and have a good weekend.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Jeffrey

There has been a sound of silence from you since last Friday. Are you still too exhausted from your race on Sunday to lift a pen?!

I have been waiting to hear how you got on. Hope you did not go out too fast too early!

Kind regards
David

2:42 PM  
Blogger molly said...

hi mr archer.this is Lami from nigeria aka avid fan.just read hell and im raising dust looking for the rest.nice blog.

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home