I was fascinated to read in a national paper that our 40th wedding anniversary is this weekend, and a list of those who would be present. It isn't, and therefore they won't.
I read in another newspaper that I'm converting to Roman Catholicism. One phone call, and they would have discovered that it hadn't even crossed my mind.
On Monday evening, at a tribute to Jack Profumo, I learnt something about the great man I didn't know: Frank Field MP told me that after Jack left Parliament, he approached seventeen different charities offering his services, and they all turned him down. The 18th was Toynbee Hall - clever them. I wish he'd named the other seventeen.
I visited the Constable exhibition at the Tate on Wednesday. It was so packed that it was quite hard to see even the large pictures, but nevertheless is still worth a visit.
I read in another newspaper that I'm converting to Roman Catholicism. One phone call, and they would have discovered that it hadn't even crossed my mind.
On Monday evening, at a tribute to Jack Profumo, I learnt something about the great man I didn't know: Frank Field MP told me that after Jack left Parliament, he approached seventeen different charities offering his services, and they all turned him down. The 18th was Toynbee Hall - clever them. I wish he'd named the other seventeen.
I visited the Constable exhibition at the Tate on Wednesday. It was so packed that it was quite hard to see even the large pictures, but nevertheless is still worth a visit.



2 Comments:
Could you post the full poem?
"Stands the church clock at ten to three - And is there honey still for tea?"
Regards
Chris Abbott
The thought of converting to Catholicism will cross the mind of anyone who has had dinner with Salesian Fathers, if only momentarily and possibly subconsciously (see immediate previous post).
On a small technicality, Salesians are not friars either of the major or minor kind.
Post a Comment
<< Home